The Imo state Commissioner for Happiness, Mrs Ogechi Ololo, has appealed to men in her State to try to marry two or more women and stop the idea of one man , one woman as a way of reducing prostitution and redundancy among Imo state Women.
The Commissioner Ogechi Speaking on Owerri state capital, said Imo state has more women than men forcing a lot of unmarried women to commit adultery with other people’s husbands.
The commissioner said
- I am not forcing you, but just encouraging you to marry two or more wives to reduce on women staying without husbands.
- Our women are crying every day due to lack of men to marry and support them economically hence they engage in prostitution.
- So please try to work hard and be productive so that you can help our women by marrying two or more wives provided you are able to provide for their basic needs.
What will the government do to help men who marry two or more wives?
- As government, we shall be giving some small incentives to such men provided you don’t abuse your wives
- The statistics, out of approximately 3.9 million Imo state indigenes, 3 million are women and only .9 million are men.