Interim Ghana coach Otto Addo has announced his 27-man Black Stars squad for the crucial 2022 FIFA World Cup qualifying double-header against Nigeria.
The German-based trainer included former Dreams FC left-back Montari Kamaheni while dropping a number of players from the squad including the experienced Jonathan Mensah.
Addo, an ex-Ghana international himself, settled on a number of alternatives following suspensions and injuries to some of his players.
Ghana exited the 2021 AFCON tournament at the group stage following a shambolic showing which culminated in a shameful loss to tournament minnows Comoros.
Following the announcement of the squad on Tuesday morning, Ghana Sports Online has taken a look at the 7 players who have been dropped from the squad in the games.
- Richard Attah – Hearts of Oak – Snubbed
- Wakaso Mubarak – Shenzhen F.C – Snubbed
- Philimon Baffour – Rio Ave – Snubbed
- Jonathan Mensah – Columbus Crew – Snubbed
- Maxwell Abbey Quaye – Great Olympics – snubbed
- David Abagna Sandan – RTU – snubbed
- Richmond Boakye-Yiadom – Beitar Jerusalem – snubbed