KUMASI ASANTE KOTOKO will have their last opportunity to claim a win before the end of the first half of the Ghana Premier League season after going seven (7) games without a win since beating leaders WAFA at the Baba Yara Stadium.
The Porcupines have since then had three (3) managers and are on course to have a fourth in former King Faisal gaffer, Steve Pollack in the dugout.
It will be interesting to know how Pollack sets his team up after Lugarusic’s stigmatised 3-5-2 formation was ditched when Godwin Ablordey took temporary charge. Frimpong Manso favoured a traditional 4-4-2 formation that yielded no results in his short spell.
The Porcupines will have no margin for error on Sunday when they host a Tema Youth side who are playing for survival and are one of the worst travelers having garnered an uninspiring point away from home against Ebusua Dwarfs in match week ten (10).
A win for the home side could take them up to third on the league table whilst any point for Tema Youth will be their first at the Baba Yara Stadium and will further take them away from the relegation zone, a situation that will make for an intriguing game at the Baba Yara Stadium on Sunday.
Kick off: Sunday, 3pm
Venue: Baba Yara Sports Stadium
Last game: 1-0
Odds: H 1.55 A 4.10 D 2.90
HEAD TO HEAD
Total Games Played ~10 Kotoko wins ~8 Draws ~1 T’Youth wins ~1
GOALS scored in this fixture 20 with kotoko scoring 16 and Tema Youth with 4
KOTOKO at HOME against TEMA YOUTH Games Played ~5 Wins ~5 Draws ~0 Losses ~0
GOALS scored: 9 without conceding
DID YOU KNOW?
- KOTOKO are currently 8th on the league table with 20pts after 14 games (W5 D5 L4) scoring 9 and conceding 9 with 7 clean sheets
- TEMA YOUTH are 12th on the log with 16pts (W4 D4 L6) scoring 14 and conceding 17 with just 1 clean sheet
- KOTOKO are winless in their seven league games (D3 L4)
- TEMA YOUTH have managed just one win in their last seven league games (W1 D3 L3)
- TEMA YOUTH have not kept a clean sheet in their last ten league games, scoring 9 and conceding 14
- KOTOKO are unbeaten at HOME in their last 17 league games (W10 D7) scoring 19 and conceding just 6 with a total of 12 clean sheets
- TEMA YOUTH are winless in 11 AWAY league games (D1 L10) conceding a total of 18 goals and scoring just 4
- •TEMA YOUTH have not kept a clean sheet in their last 11 AWAY league games