The President of the Ghana Muslim Mission, Sheikh Dr Ameen Bonsu has called on Muslims in the country to partake in the mandatory instituted fasting and prayers to end the Coronavirus epidemic in the country.
The fasting and prayers was proclaimed by the President, Nana Akufo-Addo as part of measures to containing the spread of the disease.
The fasting and prayers began today.
National Chief Iman, Sheikh Dr Nuhu Sharabutu called on Muslims to add an additional for the fast.
And this order, Sheikh Ameen Bonsu said it’s in order and must be obeyed:
Below is a full statement from the Ghana Muslim Mission:
GHANNA MUSLIM MISSION-NATIONAL HEADQUARTERS
COMMUNIQUE ON NATIONAL DAY OF PRAYER
Let us all observe the National Prayer and Fasting for Allah’s intervention against the coronavirus.
We give praises and thanks to Allah for the gift of life He has blessed us with. I bear witness that there is none worthy of worship except Allah and Prophet Mohammad (pbuh) is the messenger of Allah.
As we observe these days of National Prayer and Fasting on Wednesday and Thursday as directed by the President and the National Chief Imam, we continue to call on all to adhere to the preventive measures against the spread of the corona virus in our country, and also ask all of us to repent,ask for forgiveness from Allah and also cry to Allah to relieve the world of the Coronavirus, heal those affected and stop the spread.
We urge all Muslims to take note of the following measures at this moment:
1. We should offer more prayers during the breaking of our fast since it is one of the best times that Allah answers the prayers of the believers.
2. We should also pray for those who have been infected by the virus, those in isolation and quarantine.
3. We comfort those who have been quarantined due to suspicion of infections and all those in isolation. It is not a moment of distress but rather a good time for meditation and reflection on the activities of our life and especially about Allah as it is the best moment to get close to Him. This is true for almost all the Prophets and Messengers of Allah including Moses, Jesus and the Holy Prophet Muhammad (pbuh).
4. It is important for us to acknowledge our sins against the world especially the most abominable acts such as homosexuality, lesbianism, transgender, destruction of water bodies and forests.
5. I urge the Muslim Ummah to continue and intensify the Sunnah fasting on Mondays and Thursdays especially during this period to seek for Allah’s Mercies.
These measures I believe will bring us Allah’s Mercies and intervention in fighting the pandemic in Ghana and the rest of the world.
Oh Allah save us, our families, the Ummah, our country Ghana and the whole world from this COVID-19 pandemic and any other disease that threatens our very existence. We pray for the lives of the health workers, that you protect them from this deadly virus as they seek to save humanity. We pray for all the officials working against the spread of the virus, we pray for the leadership of this country, for wisdom and guidance. We pray for the elderly, the children, the sick, the poor and vulnerable that Allah in this time of need you offer them protection and sustenance. We pray that you grant us a cure for this virus and heal the entire world. Forgive the entire world for all the sins we have committed. Comfort those in quarantine and isolation and cure those infected with the virus. Protect all of us from getting infected. Allah show your Mercy to the world. Ameen.