The Bono Regional Chairman of the New Patriotic Party (NPP), Kwame Baffoe, also known as Abronye DC has claimed that former President, John Mahama and his close ally, Andrew Solomon are behind the gay conference which rumours indicate will be held in Accra.
Pan Africa ILGA (International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association), also known as PAI, however say it “is a network of organisations in Africa working to improve human rights of individuals on all grounds, including sexual orientation, gender identity and expression and sex characteristics”.
The unique strength of this network is that it is connected to a global movement through ILGA, the International Lesbian and Gay Association. ILGA international serves more than 1,300 organisations from around the world, information on its website indicates.
PAI currently has a permanent membership of 192 LGBTIQ+ organisations across the continent based in: Algeria; Burundi; Cameroon; Cote D’Ivoire; Democratic Republic of Congo; Egypt; Eswatini (Swaziland); The Gambia; Ghana; Kenya; Liberia; Libya; Malawi; Mali; Mauritania; Mauritius; Morocco; Mozambique; Namibia; Nigeria; Rwanda; Senegal; Sierra Leone; South Africa; Sudan; Tanzania; Togo; Tunisia; Uganda; Zambia; and Zimbabwe.
It has chosen The SANKOFA Bird, a historic national symbol of Ghana as its logo.
To the PAI, “the symbol speaks to the importance of going back to fetch that which should not be left behind, find knowledge in our past, and build a future. Thus, we will be: Looking Back to Our Roots – Reclaiming Our Rights!”
Reacting to this in a write up sighted by GhanaNewsPage.Com, Abronye DC said he knows for a fact that John Mahama and Andrew Solomon are behind the comference:
Below is the full write up:
Kwame Baffoe Abronye Writes
RE: Gays, lesbians and affiliates to hold first ever international conference in Ghana
I have sighted a story on Ghanaweb.com insinuating that, Ghana is set to witness the first ever gays, lesbians and affiliates international conference to be held in Accra between July 27 and 31 July 2020, MyNewsGh.com has confirmed.
The story added that, Under the auspices of the Pan Africa International Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Trans and Intersex Association, it said in announcement on its website “Our 5th Regional Conference, 27 – 31 July 2020 in Accra, Ghana. This will the first PAI conference in West Africa.
SETTING THE RECORDS STRAIGHT
- The above said conference is sponsored and funded by Andrew Solomon who is an award winning writer and an international gay activist.
- Andrew Solomon is the person who edited and forwarded John Mahama’s book “my first coup d’tat”
- Andrew Solomon is a very good friend of John Mahama
- Andrew Solomon is the person financing the come back of President Mahama in 2020.
Currently he is the one funding his tours and taking care of all his expenses.
- John Mahama has in return promised Andrew Solomon to legalize homosexuality in Ghana when voted into office which will not happen in 2020.
- Andrew Solomon was the first person to purchase John Mahama’s book at a whooping amount of dollars.
- It is important to note that, the said conference proposed to be held in Ghana is facilitated by John Mahama and his NDC cohorts.
- It is necessary to state unequivocally that, President Akuffo Addo has posited clearly that, he is against Homosexuality but John Mahama hasn’t come out till date to declare his stance.
- It is on record that, the NPP and President Akuffo Addo has enormous respect for the peace council, the clergy and the Islamic state and for that matter, with their prayer and support, the president Of the land will continue to resist the pressure of the Lebsian and Gay society.
The president has reiterated emphatically several times that, LGBTQ will not be legalized under his watch and presidency
In conclusion, it is clear from the above that, since John Mahama is benefiting from Andrew Solomon it is obvious that he will definitely support anything he does because of his personal interest and not for the interest of the masses