24.4 C
Ghana
Thursday, December 3, 2020

PHOTOS: Retired Soldier man LOSES wife, 3 children in Gas Explosion

TRENDING

Special Voting: Two arrested in Krowor for taking shots of their ballots

Two people are in the grips of the Police at Krowor for allegedly taking shots of their shots after...

Man who sold ‘FAKE’ Akufo-Addo corruption video to NDC runs to Benin

Salis, the gentleman who allegedly recorded the fake video allegedly depicting the President, Nana Akufo-Addo taking bribe from a...

VIDEO: ‘I didn’t BRIBE Akufo-Addo in 2016’ – Lady at centre of Akufo-Addo Bribery video speaks

The lady at the centre of the alleged bribery video of President Akufo-Addo released by the National Democratic Congress...

Retired Military officer loses wife, 3 children in Gas Explosion

A retired Military Officer, WO Kwakuru, is still yet to come to terms with the circumstances that led to him losing his entire nuclear family in a gas explosion at Ablekuma in the Greater Accra Region.

The nuclear family of the retired military man met their untimely deaths in the afternoon of Sunday, 5th January, 2020 after a gas cylinder exploded at a kitchen where the wife was cooking.

The wife, Kate Abban, 45, was a Police Inspector who had just been promoted to Chief Inspector and stationed at the Techiman in the Bono Region.

She and two of her children had traveled from the Bono Regional Capital to visit her parents and her first born who is also a final year student at the Ghana Telecom University.  

Kate Abban, Emmanuel Adjei, also known as Joe, 21, their second born, Joyce, 11, and their last born, Ebenezer, 9, all perished in the explosion which occurred between the hours of 1:00pm and 2:00pm.

Narrating the story, a sister of the deceased Police woman, Sara Abban, 53, who was an eye witness recounted that the cylinder containing gas exploded following attempts to get it to function.

According to her, the deceased Police Officer was at the Kitchen preparing food for the family which had just arrived from Church when the gas ‘got finsihed’.

She then switched to the use of coal pot while she awaited someone who had been sent to refill the gas.

“The cylinder was full when they brought it in so she called the fist born who was studying at the hall to come and check it for her, while trying to access the situation, all we heard was a big ‘pow’, it had exploded and caught fire…,” she narrated.

Kate and all her family were caught in the explosion due to how close they were to the gas cylinder.

Joe upon being caught in the explosion was said to have jumped their fence and threw himself into a well in a nearby house just to seek relief.

The family was later rushed to the Korle Bu Teaching Hospital for treatment but the mother, the first and second borns died shortly after arrival.

Joe, who was the last surviving victim of the explosion also died yesterday while on admission at the Intensive Care Unit of the same hospital.

LEAVE A REPLY

Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

%d bloggers like this: