26.3 C
Monday, October 26, 2020

PHOTOS: Western Togoland separatist set STC Bus ABLAZE in Ho


Akyem Batabi: Woman rescued from collapsed church building (VIDEO)

Another worshipper has been rescued from the collapsed church building at Akyem Batabi in the Eastern Region of Ghana. According...

Know your coaches for 2020/21 GPL Season: Profile – Berekum Chelsea coach Hesse Odamten

Michael Hesse Odamten is the head coach of Berekum Chelsea for the 2020/21 Ghana Premier League season which kicks...

Man quits NDC because he wants to go to heaven

A member of the opposition National Democratic Congress has quit the party simply because he will not go to...

A bus belonging to State Transport Corporation (STC) in the Volta Region has been set ablaze by suspected separatists in the regional capital, Ho.

Security officials rushed to the scene around midnight on Monday, according to CNR, to control the situation as the unknown attackers believed to be members of the Homeland Study Group Foundation (HSGF) ran amok.

Reports say some drivers of STC were beaten by the separatist group advocating for independence from Ghana for the Western Togoland territory.

A few days ago, it emerged that the armed group who planned to attack parts of Eastern Ghana had targeted the Ho Central Market and other key installations belonging to the state.

This was contained in a statement jointly signed by the Ghana Police Service and the Armed Forces Friday night.

Detailed account

The members of the Homeland Study Group Foundation (HSGF) attacked two police stations in the eastern part of the West African nation in a bid to declare the territory independent.

They managed to capture three personnel of the Ghana Police Service during the dawn attack and reportedly made away with weapons belonging to the officers.

Their action created huge vehicular traffic on the Trans-West African highway towns of Juapong, Sogakope, and other adjoining towns, prompting police and military action.

Officials have confirmed that one person was shot and killed during an exchange of fire while four others, including the Aveyime Police Commander, were also wounded in the process.


According to the police, some 31 persons have been arrested in connection with the incident.

“These arrested persons have since been brought to Accra for interrogation. Fire exchanges between the Group and security agencies led to the death of one (1) member of the HSGF and injury to three others. The police commander at Aveyime was also wounded and has been evacuated to the Police Hospital. The wounded HGSF members have also been evacuated to the Ho Teaching Hospital”, the statement explained.


All the roadblocks have since been cleared following what security forces describe as a foiled attack on the state.

The statement further re-assured the Ghanaian citizens that the situation is under control adding that: “The general public is entreated to remain calm and volunteer any relevant information on the activities of the Group for necessary actions to be taken”.


Please enter your comment!
Please enter your name here

%d bloggers like this: