More

    Update: Kole bu teaching hospital never Caught on fire just a break down- PRO

    The Head of Public Relations at Korle Bu Teaching Hospital, Mustapha Salifu has rubbished reports that the Maternity Block of the health facility caught fire on Tuesday night.

    According to him, one of the air-conditioner switches in one of the restrooms of the doctors emitted smoke which was detected by staff on duty around 9 pm.

    - Advertisement -Photo of the Remarkables mountain range in Queenstown, New Zealand.

    “What happened was an air-conditioner switch in one of the restrooms of the doctors started emitting smoke which was detected by staff on duty at around 9 pm yesterday,” he explained in a statement on Wednesday, April 7.

    “The staff on duty quickly used fire extinguishers to put out the fire before the arrival of the Ghana National Fire Service(GNFS)

    The air conditioner that caught fire Recall that several videos circulated on social media of the incident where it captured babies being evacuated in a hurried manner.
    The PRO of the facility explained that the babies were moved to another wing of the same floor as a precautionary measure.

    “We wish to state no patient or staff suffered any casualties or injury.”

    Mr Salifu said normal operations have resumed after an assessment by the Fire Service indicated that there was no further threat of danger to either patients or staff.

    “We wish to commend the staff on duty for their alertness and professionalism,” he concluded.

    TRENDING

    - Advertisement -spot_img

    MORE NEWS

    %d bloggers like this: